Six Exclusive 2020 Tauck Departures Featuring the Luxury Train;
Three Nights Aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express Train.
The new-for-2020 Tauck itinerary, “A Grand Rail Adventure: Vienna, The Alps & Milan,” combines the timeless romance of travel by luxury train with the spectacular landscapes, rich culture, and historic cities and towns of Central Europe’s Alps.
- 8-day, 4-country itinerary highlights include
- a three-night rail journey aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express train, bookended by
- 2-night hotel stay in Vienna and
- 2-night hotel stay in Milan.
(Select departures operate in the reverse direction, from Milan to Vienna.)
ITINERARY FEATURES (Westbound):
- 2 nights at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna, where you’ll enjoy city sightseeing including visits to Belvedere Palace, the Hofburg and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. A private, after-hours tour of Schönbrunn Palace is on-tap for that evening, followed by dinner inside the palace at the Café Residenz.
- The following day, sip sparkling wine while attending a private concert in a historic Viennese venue, then
- Board the Golden Eagle Danube Express for the first of three overnights on the train.
- Travel west toward Austria’s Semmering Pass,
- Pass through incredible mountain landscapes before arriving at the Tyrolean village of Jenbach; board a local steam-powered train for an excursion to scenic Lake Achen.
- After a boat cruise on the lake, reboard the Danube Express and continue on to Innsbruck where a walking tour of the city’s historic district awaits.
- The next day, the Danube Express traverses Austria’s picturesque Vorarlberg province, crosses into Liechtenstein, and continues on to Zurich.
- Explore the city’s old town on a walking tour and visit the Kunsthaus Museum of Art.
- After a final overnight on the train, and after crossing the rugged Gotthard Pass into Italy, arrive in the beautiful lakeside town of Como.
- In Como, enjoy a walking tour and an organ concert in the city’s 14th-century marble cathedral, before reboarding the Danube Express, traveling to Milan, and disembarking a final time.
- 2-night stay in Milan at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia.
- Visit the Duomo and a 19th-century shopping arcade, the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle II, during a walking tour, and have time to explore the city’s bohemian Brera District on your own.
- Visit a cascina, or working farm, outside of the city; learn about sustainable farming and participate in a hands-on cooking lesson highlighting authentic regional cuisine.
- After a farewell reception in the hotel, travel to a nearby restaurant for their farewell dinner with local entertainment.
LIFE ABOARD THE DANUBE EXPRESS with TAUCK
All guests – a maximum of 58 - aboard the train will be part of this exceptional Tauck journey.
Accommodations on the train are a choice of either Superior Deluxe or Deluxe cabins. Superior Deluxe accommodations feature 93 square-feet of living space, with two full-size picture windows and a full-length sofa that converts to a UK-standard king size bed. Deluxe cabins (83 square-feet) have two armchairs for daytime seating that convert into two comfortable beds.
Both cabin classes feature private, en-suite bathrooms with shower, sink and toilet, individually-controlled air conditioning, Wi-Fi access, safe, generous storage space, and dimmer-equipped lighting.
The train also features a Bar Lounge Car with nightly performances by a pianist, two restaurant cars that can accommodate all guests in a single seating, and an attendant assigned to every car who reconfigures each cabin from its daytime set-up to nighttime use while guests are enjoying dinner.
Guests are accompanied throughout the journey by two professional Tauck Director guides.
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
All six exclusive Tauck departures of this “Grand Rail Adventure” operate during September, 2020.
Pricing is from $11,790 USD / $15,290 CAD per person, double occupancy, plus airfare.
Included in the price are the two-night hotel stays in Vienna and Milan, the three-night train journey aboard the Danube Express, all sightseeing and excursions, most meals and gratuities, all ground transportation (including airport transfers), luggage handling, special events and receptions, and much more.
CONTACT US FOR DATES, ITINERARY DETAILS AND PACKAGE PRICING
OF THIS UNIQUE LUXURY TAUCK RAIL JOURNEY IN EUROPE IN 2020!